in neurological imaging
The department has a research activity in anatomical and functional
- Cerebral perfusion and diffusion models have been
developed and validated in the context of the hyperacute phase of
It has been shown that perfusion imaging is a useful tool in predicting
the region at risk (ischemic penumbra) around the initial infarct
- SPM2 automation scripts have been written to detect
functional areas before brain surgery.
- Neuroanatomic correlates of calculation and faces
studied with functional magnetic resonance imaging.
- Functional reorganization of brain in children affected
with congenital hemiplegia is studied with functional magnetic resonance
imaging and diffusion tensor imaging.
- A multimedia atlas
of the white matter tracts has
- The effects of several multiple sclerosis drugs have
been assessed with MRI. Advanced techniques such as diffusion imaging,
spectroscopy, magnetisation transfer and brain volumetry have been used.
in neck imaging